Equine Internal Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Develop an essential understanding of the principles of equine disease with this one-of-a-kind, problem-based resource! Extensively revised and updated with contributions from an international team of experts, Equine Internal Medicine, 3rd Edition reflects the latest clinical research in equine medicine and focuses on the basic pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie the development of various equine diseases to help you confidently diagnose, treat, and manage patient conditions.
New to This Edition
- Extensive content updates help you improve patient care with up-to-date research and clinical evidence across the full spectrum of equine practice, including:
- New sections on biofilm ahesins, resistance to phagocytosis, and host substrate utilization
- New information on changes in body weight
- Recent findings on fibrocoxib and diclofenac
- Expanded and reorganized coverage of critical care
- New material on inborn errors of metabolism and acquired myopathies
- Detailed treatment information on various disorders of the reproductive tract
- A new section on toxicoses causing signs related to liver disease or dysfunction
- Bound-in companion DVD includes more than 120 high-quality video clips that guide you through procedures related to the cardiovascular and neurologic systems.
- Problem-based approach outlines how to apply the latest clinical evidence directly to the conditions you'll encounter in practice.
- Pathophysiology is emphasized throughout, providing a sound basis for discussions of the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis that follow.
- Body systems chapters begin with a thorough discussion of the diagnostic method appropriate to the system, including physical examination, clinical pathology, radiography, endoscopy, and ultrasonography.
- Flow charts, diagrams, and algorithms clarify complex material.
By Stephen M. Reed, DVM, Dip ACVIM, Associate, Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, KY; Warwick M. Bayly, BVSc, MS, PhD, Dip ACVIM, Provost and Executive Vice President, Washington State University, Pullman, WA; Stephen M. Reed, DVM, Dip ACVIM, Associate, Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital, Lexington, KY; and Debra C. Sellon, DVM, PhD, Dip ACVIM, Professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA