Georgis' Parasitology for Veterinarians - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Now in full color, this comprehensive reference provides current information on all parasites commonly encountered in veterinary medicine. Its primary focus is on parasites that infect major domestic species, such as dogs, cats, horses. pigs, and ruminants. This edition also covers organisms that infect poultry, laboratory animals, and exotic species. And with this book's coverage of minor and rare parasites, you'll be able to diagnose more difficult cases. No other book in this market is so respected and so complete. It's the only parasitology reference that provides everything you'll need!
New to This Edition
- Over 800 full-color photos and line drawings help you identify parasites accurately.
- A new introductory chapter provides an overview of parsitology.
- A new Vector-borne Diseases chapter restates viruses, rickettsiae and other bacteria, protozoa, and helminths in terms of vectors.
- Thorough coverage describes parasites that infect most major domestic species, and also includes organisms that infect poultry, lab animals and exotic species.
- A convenient appendix includes six drug tables listing parasiticides by species and a table of commercial antiparasitic vaccines, for easy access to the most up-to-date drug information.
- Greek and Latin roots of terms are arranged alphabetically on the inside front and back covers, providing a quick reference when you're in a hurry.
By Dwight D. Bowman, MS, PhD, Associate Professor of Parasitology, Department of Micobiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY