Current Veterinary Therapy - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Written by leading food animal researchers, practitioners, and educators, this comprehensive guide provides quick access to the latest medical and surgical interventions for cattle, sheep, and goats. The concise, quick-reference format and logical body systems organization make it ideal for use in both the clinical setting and the field. You'll easily locate key information on preventing, treating, and managing disease in food animals, as well as expert insights on improving outcomes for individual animals and herd populations.
New to This Edition
- New editors and a new team of section editors bring a fresh perspective and authoritative guidance on caring for food animals.
- Completely revised and updated content includes new sections on topics such as:
- Genital surgery
- Pharmacology and therapeutics
- Restraint, anesthesia, and pain management
- Cow-calf/small ruminant production medicine
- Feedlot production medicine
- Coverage of hot topics in the field includes biosecurity in feedlots, therapy in organic livestock medicine, and ethical responsibilities in selecting drugs for use in food animals.
- Expanded treatment options incorporate surgical interventions where appropriate, including laparoscopic procedures.
- Authoritative, cutting-edge coverage offers clinically relevant strategies for diagnosing and managing a wide range of diseases and disorders in food animals, with a focus on cattle, sheep, and goats.
- Logically organized content is easy-to-follow and provides a practical approach to determining appropriate medical and surgical interventions.
- Concise, easy-to-read format helps you find essential information quickly and easily.
- Expert editors, consultants, and writers ensure the accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of each topic to keep you on the cutting edge of food animal therapy.
By Jimmy L. Howard, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ABVP, (Food Animal Practice), Amarillo, TX; Robert A. Smith, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ABVP, McCasland Chair in Beef Health and Production, Oklahoma State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Stillwater, OK; David E. Anderson, DVM, MS,, Professor and Section Head, Agricultural Practices, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS and Michael Rings, DVM, MS, DACVIM, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Edited by Jimmy L. Howard, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ABVP, (Food Animal Practice), Amarillo, TX