Palliative and End-of-Life Care - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$70.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Palliative and End-of-Life Care, 2nd Edition provides clinicians with the guidelines and tools necessary to provide quality, evidenced-based care to patients with life-limiting illness. This text describes the care and management of patients with advanced disease throughout the disease trajectory, extending from diagnosis of advanced disease until death. Four units provide the general principles of palliative and end-of-life care, important concepts, advanced disease management, and clinical practice guidelines. Clinical practice guidelines offer in-depth discussions of the pathophysiology of 19 different symptoms, interventions for specific symptom management (including in-depth rationales), and suggestions for patient and family teaching.
New to This Edition
- New chapters including Advance Care Planning, Ethical Issues, Spiritual Care Across Cultures, Pharmacology, Sleep, and Nutrition.
- Includes a new appendix on Assessment Tools and Resources for more comprehensive coverage of palliative and end-of-life care.
- Defines dying as a normal, healthy process aided by the support of an interdisciplinary team.
- Provides in-depth pathophysiology, assessment, and intervention information based upon the disease trajectory.
- Highlights opportunities for patient and family teaching.
- Describes psychosocial issues experienced by patients and their families.
- Reviews uncomplicated and complicated grief and mourning, providing suggestions to help the family after a patient's death.
- Includes case studies at the end of chapters to reinforce key concepts of compassionate care.
By Kim K. Kuebler, MN, RN, ANP-CS, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/Oncology/Palliative Care Private Practice, Adjuvant Therapies, Inc., Atlanta, GA, USA; Debra E. Heidrich, MSN, RN, CHPN, AOCN, Palliative Nurse Clinician, Bethesda North Hospital, TriHealth Inc., Cincinnati, OH, USA and Peg Esper, MSN, RN, CS, AOCN, Nurse Practitioner, Medical Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA