Practice Guidelines for Acute Care Nurse Practitioners - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$84.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR ACUTE CARE NURSE PRACTITIONERS, 2nd Edition is the only comprehensive clinical reference tailored to the needs of advance practice nurses. With discussions of more than 230 of the most common conditions experienced by adult patients in acute care, this reference includes everything you need on a day-to-day basis. Plus, quick reference is easy with a spiral binding and content organized by body system. Each condition lists a concise outline of defining terms, incidence/predisposing factors, subject and physical examination findings, diagnostic tests, and management strategies so you can find everything you need to know quickly. Includes discussion of body systems, nutritional considerations, fluid/electrolyte imbalances, shock, trauma, gerontological concerns, professional issues, and trends in advanced practice.
New to This Edition
- New chapters on admission, pre-op and post-op orders prepare you for every step of the patient treatment process.
- Addition of ICD-9 codes within the chapters makes classifying diseases with ICD codes easy.
- New content on Parkinson's disease, gout, testicular cancer, multiple sclerosis, bite management (including spider, snake, animal, and human) better prepare you for these situations.
- Updated and expanded content reflects changes in current guidelines and evidence-based practice, an important part of working in the field.
- Updated and expanded content on coronary artery disease and inclusion of the new JNC 7 national hypertension guidelines features more information on these common diseases.
- Expanded and updated coverage of postmenopausal women and hormone replacement therapy.
- Nursing guidelines for more than 230 of the most common conditions experienced by adult patients in acute care serve as an invaluable resource in the field.
- Conditions are organized by body system for quick reference when treating patients.
- Each condition lists defining terms, incidence/predisposing factors, subjective and physical examination findings, diagnostic tests, and management strategies to provide help every step of the way.
- Coverage also includes discussion of body systems, nutritional considerations, fluid/electrolyte imbalances, shock, and trauma for a complete look at patient care and diagnosis.
- An entire chapter dedicated to congestive heart failure gives you a deeper look at the disease.
- Specific content, as well as online references, for diseases such as SARS and West Nile Virus give you the most current information available on these evolving diseases.
By Thomas W. Barkley, Jr., DSN, APRN, CS, BC, ACNP, Associate Professor and Coordinator, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program, California State University, Los Angeles School of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA; President, Barkley & Associates, Los Angeles, CA and Charlene M. Myers, MSN, RN, CS, APRN, BC, ACNP, CCRN, Clinical Assistant Professor Program Coordinator, Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program, University of South Alabama, College of Nursing, Mobile, AL