Reptile Medicine and Surgery - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This outstanding clinical reference provides valuable insights into solving clinical dilemmas, formulating diagnoses, developing therapeutic plans, and verifying drug dosages for both reptiles and amphibians. The information is outlined in an easy-to-use format for quick access that is essential for emergency and clinical situations.
New to This Edition
- A new full-color format features a wealth of vivid images and features that highlight important concepts and bring key procedures to life
- 29 new chapters covering diverse topics such as stress in captive reptiles, emergency and critical care, ultrasound, endoscopy, and working with venomous species
- Many new expert contributors that share valuable knowledge and insights from their experiences in practicing reptile medicine and surgery
- Unique coverage of cutting-edge imaging techniques, including CT and MRI
- Discusses veterinary medicine and surgery for both reptiles and amphibians
- Features complete biology of snakes, lizards, turtles, and crocodilians
- Provides step-by-step guidelines for performing special techniques and procedures such as anesthesia, clinical pathology, diagnostic imaging, euthanasia and necropsy, fracture management, soft tissue surgery, and therapeutics
- Covers specific diseases and conditions such as anorexia, aural abscesses, and digit abnormalities in a separate alphabetically organized section
- 53 expert authors contribute crucial information to the study of reptiles and offer their unique perspectives on particular areas of study
- The expansive appendix includes a reptile and amphibian formulary
By Douglas R. Mader, MS, DVM, Marathon Veterinary Hospital, Marathon, FL and Douglas R. Mader, MS, DVM, Marathon Veterinary Hospital, Marathon, FL