Canine and Feline Endocrinology and Reproduction - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. This book provides complete, current information on pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of endocrine, metabolic, and reproductive diseases in dogs and cats. It also discusses the importance of testing procedures in endocrine and reproductive diseases, as well as cost-effective and expedient diagnostic protocols.
New to This Edition
- A new chapter in the Adrenal Gland section (Section 3) addresses feline hyperadrenocorticism.
- The chapter on diabetes mellitus in the canine and feline has been divided into two chapters in order to explore the specific aspects of the disease in each species.
- All material has been extensively revised and brought up to date for this edition.
- Additional tables and algorithms throughout the book summarize and clarify information.
- A complete review of reproduction is presented with the endocrine material, making this text the most inclusive resource overall on the topic.
- Expansive sections on Canine Male and Female Reproduction.
- The book is divided into nine sections for an organized and accessible approach to information.
- Discussions of testing procedures in endocrine and reproductive diseases.
- Explains cost-effective and expedient diagnostic protocols.
- Logical, step-by-step guidelines aid in accurate decision-making and diagnosis.
By Edward C. Feldman, DVM, DACVIM, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA; Richard W. Nelson, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA; Claudia Reusch; J. Catharine Scott-Moncrieff