Veterinary Microbiology - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. Containing the latest information on pathogenesis and diagnosis, Veterinary Microbiology addresses both specific, defined problems, as well as trends in host/parasite interaction. This book is a complete reference on microbial biology, diseases, diagnosis, prevention, and control. It also provides a foundation of knowledge on pathogens and how they interact with hosts.
- Contains a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of bacterial and fungal agents that cause animal disease, including recently identified organisms as well as the pathogenesis of emerging diseases.
- Features more than 100 full-color illustrations to visually reinforce key concepts.
- The book is logically organized for ease of use and quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Addresses diseases that can affect animal productivity, both for individual animals as well as herd health.
- Discusses the implications of various organisms in biological warfare and bioterrorism.