Sports-Specific Rehabilitation - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$79.95|
|Print - Paperback||$79.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books. A comprehensive resource for focusing on returning injured athletes to their optimal performance! This book discusses exercise principles; muscle fatigue, muscle damage, and overtraining concepts; pathophysiology of overuse injuries; core evaluation in sports-specific testing; physiological basis of exercise specific to sport; and special considerations for the athlete. Secial features such as evidence-based clinical application boxes provide the reader with a solid body of research upon which to base their practice.
- Aligned to the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice to help learn how to work with athletes' injuries and help them make a physical comeback while following best practices.
- Incorporation of muscle physiology demonstrates it as the basis for athlete's exercise prescription.
- Coverage of pathophysiology of overuse injuries illustrates the damage to the musculoskeletal system.
- Inclusion of treatment and training approaches for athletic rehabilitation shows how to restore the musculoskeletal system back to full flexibility, strength, power, and endurance.
- Evidence-based clinical application boxes found throughout the book cite key studies and provide real-world application to a clinical setting.
- Extensive photographs show hands-on demonstrations of important rehabilitation techniques, helping the cinician to accurately apply them during treatment.
By Robert A. Donatelli, PhD, PT, OCS, National Director, Sports Specific Rehabilitation; Developer, Strengthen Your Game Rehabilitation and Performance Enhancement Programs for Athletes, Las Vegas, NV