Nathan and Oski's Hematology and Oncology of Infancy and Childhood, 2-Volume Set, 8th Edition
Written by the leading names in pediatric oncology and hematology, Nathan and Oski’s Hematology and Oncology of Infancy and Childhood offers you the essential tools you need to overcome the unique challenges and complexities of childhood cancers and hematologic disorders. Meticulously updated, this exciting full-color, two-volume set brings together the pathophysiology of disease with detailed clinical guidance to provide you with the most comprehensive, authoritative, up-to-date information for diagnosing and treating children.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay at the forefront of your field thanks to new and revised chapters covering topics such as paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria, lysosomal storage diseases, childhood genetic predisposition to cancer, and oncology informatics.
- Learn about the latest breakthroughs in diagnosis and management, making this the most complete guide in pediatric hematology and oncology.
- Discover the latest in focused molecularly targeted therapies derived from the exponential growth of knowledge about basic biology and genetics underlying the field.
- Rely on it anytime, anywhere! Access the full text, images, and more at Expert Consult.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible with comprehensive coverage of all pediatric cancers, including less-common tumors, as well as all hematologic disorders, including newly recognized ones.
- Develop a thorough, understanding of the underlying science of diseases through summaries of relevant pathophysiology balanced with clear, practical clinical guidance. Nathan and Oski’s is the only comprehensive product on the market that relates pathophysiology in such depth to hematologic and oncologic diseases affecting children.
- Quickly and effortlessly access the key information you need with the help of a consistent organization from chapter to chapter and from volume to volume.
"This is a comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-date publication on the major issues in pediatric hematology/oncology. Both the book and the website are outstanding resources for any of the intended users -- students, practitioners, clinical and research investigators." ~Joseph Rosenthal, MD, City of Hope Doody Score: 4 stars
"This is an extremely useful, indispensable print and online resource on diseases of infants and children relating to the blood and cancer. It is a massive reference source that is well-researched, expertly organized and thoughtfully written." ~Nano Khilnani
By Stuart H. Orkin, MD, David G Nathan Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Chair, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Children's Hospital; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
; David G. Nathan, MD, President Emeritus, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Physician-in-Chief Emeritus, Boston Children's Hospital; Stranahan Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics and Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
; David Ginsburg, MD, James V Neel Distinguished University Professor, Departments of Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Communicable Diseases, and Human Genetics, Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
; A. Thomas Look, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Vice Chair for Research, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
; David E. Fisher, MD, PhD, Chief, Department of Dermatology, Director, Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital; Director, Melanoma Program, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts
and Samuel Lux, IV, MD, Robert A Stranahan Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Chief Emeritus, Hematology/Oncology, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts