Study Guide for Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 8th Edition
An Applied Learning Approach
Get more practice with medical assisting competencies and test your critical thinking skills! Designed to reinforce your understanding of Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 8th Edition by Alexandra P. Adams, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of exercises to help you master CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and prepare for your career in medical assisting.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED coverage of the Electronic Health Record ensures that you are familiar with the technology you'll use on the job.
- UPDATED content reflects revisions to the Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 8th Edition textbook.
- Expanded coverage of emergency preparedness helps you meet specific CAAHEP and ABHES requirements.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES are included, such as emergency preparedness, patient education, and documentation.
- Procedure checklists allow you to tear out each sheet and submit to your instructor for evaluation.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Work documentation proves to your instructor and to accrediting organizations that you have completed each competency.
By Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX