Comprehensive Cytopathology, 4th Edition
In the newly updated edition of Comprehensive Cytopathology, a team of international experts provides criteria and techniques in diagnosis, testing, and new insights in cytology. This accessible guide to diagnostic investigation and screening is ideal for daily laboratory use, taking a systematic approach to helping you understand major diagnostic criteria as well as the pitfalls and limitations of cytology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Remain at the forefront of your field. Content has been fully revised and updated to include over 1800 full-color images and 2 new chapters: The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology, and Digital Pathology. Five Chapters - Benign Proliferative Reactions, Intraepithelial Neoplasia, Invasive Carcinoma; Central Nervous System; Eye; Pancreas; and HPV - have new, original texts.
- Access expanded coverage of immunocytochemistry and molecular techniques in cytology, as well as digital pathology and its applications to telecytology (including CAP requirements).
- Equip yourself to handle any situation with guidance on diagnoses in cytology of all body sites (including the female genital tract); fine-needle aspiration of various organs; and special techniques.
- Offer your patients a definitive diagnosis with updated coverage on molecular testing, as well as the most current concepts, data and references.
- View entire cytology slides at various magnifications! Ninety-three virtual microscope images have been added to the eBook and expertconsult.com site, as have 7 brand-new videos demonstrating specific imaging techniques in cytopathology.
- Understand the diagnostic aspects of cytology in both benign and malignant conditions in the various body sites and organs.
- Compare and contrast various diagnoses with help from Key Features boxes for numerous diagnostic entities.
- Stay on top of latest guidelines for cervical cancer screening and The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology.
- Quickly find the answers you need through a consistent chapter structure.
- Realize every possibility. Appropriate histopathological correlations and a consideration of the possible differential diagnosis accompany the cytological findings.
"This high-quality book would be an excellent addition to the library of any physician with an interest in cytopathology. It compares well with others in the field and stands out due to the image quality, the virtual slides, and the thorough discussion of cytopathology from specimen preparation to diagnostic issues. This edition addresses updated classification schemes including the Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology and includes a discussion on digital pathology."-Natalie M Webster, MD(University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody Review: 4 stars
By Marluce Bibbo, MD, ScD, FIAC, The Warren R. Lang Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
Professor and David Wilbur, MD, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Associate Professor of Pathology
Harvard Medical School;
Massachusetts General Hospital