Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 10th Edition
Ideal for cardiologists who need to keep abreast of rapidly changing scientific foundations, clinical research results, and evidence-based medicine, Braunwald’s Heart Disease is your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of contemporary cardiology. It helps you apply the most recent knowledge in personalized medicine, imaging techniques, pharmacology, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and much more!
In keeping with the rapid pace of advances in the field of cardiovascular medicine, the Expert Consult eBook is updated frequently with the results of late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of important new research publications, and updates on clinical practice authored by leaders in the field. These online supplements are selected and edited masterfully by Dr. Eugene Braunwald.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Take advantage of a robust update program that includes Hot off the Press commentary, Late-Breaking Clinical Trials, and Focused Reviews.
- Learn from leading international experts, including 53 new authors.
- Explore brand-new chapters, such as Principles of Cardiovascular Genetics and Biomarkers, Proteomics, Metabolomics, and Personalized Medicine.
- Access new and updated guidelines covering Diseases of the Aorta, Peripheral Artery Diseases, Diabetes and the Cardiovascular System, Heart Failure, and Valvular Heart Disease.
- Stay abreast of the latest diagnostic and imaging techniques and modalities, such as three-dimensional echocardiography, speckle tracking, tissue Doppler, computed tomography, and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
- Access online videos covering the scope of heart disease, including percutaneous coronary intervention, valvular heart disease, and cardiac magnetic resonance.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
- Practice with confidence and overcome your toughest challenges with advice from the top minds in cardiology today, who synthesize the entire state of current knowledge and summarize all of the most recent ACC/AHA practice guidelines.
- Locate the answers you need fast thanks to a user-friendly, full-color design with more than 1,200 color illustrations.
"This is an expansive reference covering every aspect of cardiovascular disease from the global burden of disease to genetics, advanced imaging, vascular disease, heart failure, and therapeutic modalities. This edition offers online content that is updated weekly to supplement the text and provides an extensive library of tables and figures. The new edition has updated every chapter and added nine new chapters. This comprehensive, interactive update continues this book's tradition of excellence as a comprehensive educational resource for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. - Patrick T Campbell, MD(Ochsner Clinic Foundation), Excerpts from Doody’s review service, Rating - 4 Stars!
"Now in its 10th edition, this is truly a superb resource for all things cardiovascular and seems to be breathtaking in its coverage. A lot of books can claim to be a one stop shop and though it does not claim to be-I guess this book should answer most queries from the basic to the sophisticated when dealing with a patient and their problems. There is a lot of good science within the text though undeniably, it is a clinical book; the basic science is relevant to a clinician and makes reading around a topic much more interesting and educational".
Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown Date: Nov 2014
By Douglas L. Mann, MD, Lewin Chair and Professor of Medicine, Cell Biology, and Physiology, Chief, Cardiovascular Division, Washington University School of Medicine; Cardiologist-in-Chief, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
; Douglas P. Zipes, MD, Distinguished Professor, Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Pharmacology, and Toxicology, Emeritus Director, Division of Cardiology and the Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN; Editor-in-Chief, HeartRhythm, Editor-in-Chief, PracticeUpdate/Cardiology; Peter Libby, MD, PhD, Chief, Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Mallinckrodt Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Reynolds Investigator and Co-Director, Donald W. Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA and Robert O. Bonow, MD, MS, Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Director, Center for Cardiovascular Innovation, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois