Esthetics and Biomechanics in Orthodontics, 2nd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Esthetics and Biomechanics in Orthodontics, 2nd Edition provides everything you need to know to successfully apply biomechanics in clinical orthodontics. This edition features new content in the areas of tooth movement, treating Class III malocclusions, skeletal anchorage, Surgery First treatment plans, and space closure. In addition to comprehensive guidance on basic biomechanic principles, this state-of-the-art reference also shows how all techniques can apply biomechanical principles to improve the force delivery, understand and prevent side effects, and achieve predictable results.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Content on the fundamentals that guide orthodontic tooth movement offers a clear understanding of how orthodontic appliances work and their role in designing treatment methodologies.
- NEW! Content on procedures and indications for optimal space closure helps you define priorities in treatment planning and understand all the treatment alternatives.
- NEW! Detailed information on biomechanics-based management of impacted canines provides treatment planning strategies and biomechanic techniques to achieve desired results without increasing treatment time.
- NEW! Coverage on modalities for the treatment of Class III malocclusions offers insight into new treatment protocols - such as corticotomy-assisted facemask therapy and corticotomy-assisted maxillary protraction - that are available to effectively treat these occurrences.
- NEW! Detailed information on the different forms of skeletal anchorage (including mini-implant technology) shows how certain challenges associated with types of tooth movement can now be overcome by applying sound biomechanical principles to skeletal anchorage.
- NEW! In-depth coverage of the Surgery First (SF) treatment plan offers step-by-step examples to help explain the technique of Sendai SF and its benefits
- Highly regarded lead author, Dr. Ravindra Nanda, is a widely known and respected educator in the field of orthodontics.
- Comprehensive coverage of diagnosis, treatment planning, and esthetics in tooth display provides a solid foundation in orthodontia and biomechanic problem solving.
- Case reports include high-quality photographs, radiographs, and illustrations to better show biomechanical principles.
- Radiographs and line drawings accompany clinical photographs to help illustrate the various stages of treatment.
With over 1200 illustrations, many of which are colour photographs and detailed colour line drawings, this text brilliantly depicts the successful orthodontic intervention of a myriad of cases and features a large variety of mechanical techniques.
BDA News March 2006
By Ravindra Nanda, BDS, MDS, PhD, Professor and Head, Department of Craniofacial Sciences; Chair, Division of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT