Community/Public Health Nursing Online for Community/Public Health Nursing Practice (User Guide and Access Code), 5th Edition
Using online exercises and realistic case scenarios, this course brings community health situations to life for students and provides them opportunities for decision-making and critical thinking. A modular format provides flexibility in teaching the course, allowing you to add to, delete from, and change content to fit your needs. Learning activities use a variety of engaging exercises to challenge your students. Fourteen modules are included, each with an introduction, learning objectives, a reading assignment, case scenarios with multiple learning activities, an assessment quiz, and critical thinking questions.Table of Contents
- Reading assignments from the textbook are provided for each module.
- 14 modules represent the core concepts of community/public health nursing, with each module containing 2-3 case scenarios to help students apply content from the textbook to the real world.
- Each case scenario includes learning exercises and culminates with assessment questions that let you evaluate student comprehension.
- Immediate feedback is provided for all activities and assessments, helping students master the material and reinforcing their understanding.
- Student-friendly features make learning easier with objectives, case scenarios, learning activities, pop up screens, reading assignments, assessment quizzes, and critical thinking questions.
- Photographs and virtual-reality video depict client situations.
- Voiceovers, on-screen text, and visual cues are used, supporting diverse learning styles.
- A quiz in every module may be used to help students prepare for in-class exams or may be assigned by instructors as graded assessments.
- A variety of communications tools for instructors include real-time chat, a class calendar, a syllabus, e-mail connections, and bulletin and discussion boards.
- Online course management tools help instructors track student progress and mastery within each module.
- A user's guide includes complete instructions on how to get started, how to work through each section of the course, and a full description of features.
By Frances A. Maurer, MS, RN-BC, Community Health Educator and Consultant, Baltimore, Maryland and Claudia M. Smith, PhD, MPH, RN-BC, Community/Public Health Nursing Educator and Consultant, Bowie, Maryland