Goldman-Cecil Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 25th Edition
Not Yet Published
Since 1927, Goldman-Cecil Medicine has been the world’s most influential internal medicine resource. In the ground-breaking 25th edition, your original purchase ensures you will be up-to-date without the need for a subscription. Through the new, more powerful Expert Consult eBook platform, this "living text" provides continuous updates that will integrate the latest research, guidelines, and treatments into each chapter, ensuring that the content is as current as the day this edition was first published.
Goldman-Cecil Medicine offers definitive, unbiased guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition, presented by a veritable "Who's Who" of modern medicine. A practical, straightforward style; templated organization; evidence-based references; and robust interactive content combine to make this dynamic resource quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need.Table of Contents
- Expert Consult eBook version included with print purchase:
- Access continuous updates from Editor Lee Goldman, MD, who thoroughly reviews internal medicine and specialty journals, updating online content to reflect the latest guidelines and translating that evidence into treatment.
- Interactive Q&A section features over 1,500 board-style questions and answers to aid in preparing for certification or recertification exams.
- Outstanding supplementary tools include figures, tables, videos, heart and lung sounds, treatment and management algorithms, fully integrated references, and thousands of illustrations and full-color photos.
- Search all of the text, figures, supplementary material, and references from the book on a variety of devices and at no additional cost - Expert Consult access is included with this title!
- Practical, bulleted, highly templated text with easy-to-use features including flow charts and treatment boxes.
- New chapters on global health, cancer biology and genetics, and the human microbiome in health and disease keep you on the cutting edge of medicine.
- Today's most current evidence-based medicine guidelines help you form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible.
- Focused coverage of the latest developments in biology includes the specifics of current diagnosis, therapy, and medication doses.
- The reference of choice for every stage of your career! Goldman-Cecil Medicine is an ideal learning tool for residents, physicians, and students as well as a valuable go-to resource for experienced healthcare professionals.
"First published in 1927 and now in its 24th edition, this book continues its legacy as a comprehensive pillar of modern medicine. The editors have brought together the best of world-renowned experts in their areas to organize an overview of the accepted facts of physiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Each of the classic textbooks of medicine is written with a particular philosophy, and this one is known for its practical, quick, comprehensive nature. This edition continues to meet that extraordinary goal. The editors and authors have drawn on their extensive experience to produce a truly noteworthy book. It is organized in the usual organ-system manner, but what really sets the tone are the exquisite figures, tables, and illustrations that help readers better understand and remember important points. The online full-text version is extremely easy to use with videos for diagnostic tests such as echocardiograms and endoscopies, physical examinations such as evaluating gait and other neurological signs, self-assessment questions, and case studies. Also included are QR Codes that, when used with a smartphone, will directly open the videos from the website. These videos are of extraordinarily high quality. This is part of the foundation of modern medicine. It remains a must-have for every medical library. Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!" - Doody’s Book Review
"This is the 24th Edition of these well recognized text book. Excellent tabular material, thorough diagrams, and bibliographies are available. All chapters have been brought up to date, which are completely re-written include geriatric medicine, genetics, immunology and clinical pharmacology. All chapters are written by well recognized experts in the appropriate fields. In addition to the two main editors, there are nine associate editors all outstanding representatives of their fields. This is a comprehensive volume of internal medicine and associated areas which can serve most excellently not only the medical student and the clinical resident but it should be on the bookshelf of all practicing physicians including those whose field is different from internal medicine." - Julian L. Ambrus, MD, PhD, FACP (Professor of Internal Medicine, State University of New York/Buffalo)
By Lee Goldman, MD, Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and Medicine, Executive Vice President for Health and Biomedical Sciences, Harold and Margaret Hatch Professor of the University, Professor of Medicine and of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, New York
and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, Chairman, Department of Medicine, The E. Hugh Luckey Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College; Physician-in-Chief, New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York