Goldman-Cecil Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 25th Edition
Not Yet Published
Since 1927, Goldman-Cecil Medicine has been the world’s most influential internal medicine resource, and its 25th edition continues to set the standard for all other references of its kind. Edited by Drs. Lee Goldman and Andrew I. Schafer, this dynamic reference with its practical, straight-forward style, templated organization, evidence-based references, and robust interactive content, is quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need. Unlike other texts, its focused coverage of the latest developments in biology with the specifics of current diagnosis and therapy-including medication doses-helps you understand, diagnose, or treat essentially anything you encounter. Inside, you'll find definitive, unbiased, evidence-based guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition from a veritable "Who's Who" of modern medicine. Regular updates personally selected by Dr. Goldman are directly integrated into each eBook chapter to ensure the content is as current as the day the book was published!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay on the cutting edge of medicine with new chapters on global health, cancer biology and genetics, and the human microbiome in health and disease.
- Get monthly updates provided by editor Lee Goldman, MD, who thoroughly reviews internal medicine and specialty journals, updating online content to reflect the latest guidelines and translating the evidence into treatment.
- Review key material and prepare for certification or recertification with a completely rewritten Q&A section featuring over 1,000 board-style questions and answers throughout.
- Benefit from outstanding supplementary tools, including figures, tables, videos, heart and lung sounds, case studies, treatment and management algorithms, fully integrated references, and thousands of illustrations and full-color photos.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using the most current evidence-based medicine guidelines.
- Simplify and expedite decision making with practical, well-organized, templated chapters that include evidence-based references and algorithms to make clinically essential information leap right off the page.
"First published in 1927 and now in its 24th edition, this book continues its legacy as a comprehensive pillar of modern medicine. The editors have brought together the best of world-renowned experts in their areas to organize an overview of the accepted facts of physiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Each of the classic textbooks of medicine is written with a particular philosophy, and this one is known for its practical, quick, comprehensive nature. This edition continues to meet that extraordinary goal. The editors and authors have drawn on their extensive experience to produce a truly noteworthy book. It is organized in the usual organ-system manner, but what really sets the tone are the exquisite figures, tables, and illustrations that help readers better understand and remember important points. The online full-text version is extremely easy to use with videos for diagnostic tests such as echocardiograms and endoscopies, physical examinations such as evaluating gait and other neurological signs, self-assessment questions, and case studies. Also included are QR Codes that, when used with a smartphone, will directly open the videos from the website. These videos are of extraordinarily high quality. This is part of the foundation of modern medicine. It remains a must-have for every medical library. Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!" - Doody’s Book Review
"This is the 24th Edition of these well recognized text book. Excellent tabular material, thorough diagrams, and bibliographies are available. All chapters have been brought up to date, which are completely re-written include geriatric medicine, genetics, immunology and clinical pharmacology. All chapters are written by well recognized experts in the appropriate fields. In addition to the two main editors, there are nine associate editors all outstanding representatives of their fields. This is a comprehensive volume of internal medicine and associated areas which can serve most excellently not only the medical student and the clinical resident but it should be on the bookshelf of all practicing physicians including those whose field is different from internal medicine." - Julian L. Ambrus, MD, PhD, FACP (Professor of Internal Medicine, State University of New York/Buffalo)
By Lee Goldman, MD, Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and Medicine, Executive Vice President for Health and Biomedical Sciences, Harold and Margaret Hatch Professor of the University, Professor of Medicine and of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, New York
and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, Chairman, Department of Medicine, The E. Hugh Luckey Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College; Physician-in-Chief, New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York