Physical Agents in Rehabilitation - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$81.95|
|Print - Paperback||$81.95|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Presenting a variety of treatment choices supported by the latest clinical research, Physical Agents in Rehabilitation: From Research to Practice, 4th Edition is your guide to the safe, most effective use of physical agents in your rehabilitation practice. Coverage in this new edition includes the most up-to-date information on thermal agents, ultrasound, electrical currents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, lasers, and electromagnetic radiation. Straightforward explanations make it easy to integrate physical agents into your patients' overall rehabilitation plans.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Video clips on companion Evolve site demonstrate techniques and procedures described in the text.
- NEW! Content specific to OTs has been added to the core text including upper extremity cases for all physical agent chapters.
- NEW! Organization of the text by agent type increases the book's ease of use.
- NEW! Expanded sections on thermal agents and electrical currents will give students a better understanding of how to use these types of agents in practice.
- Comprehensive coverage of all physical agents includes the benefits, correct applications, and issues related to thermal agents, hydrotherapy, traction, compression, ultrasound, electrical currents, and electromagnetic radiation.
- Clinical case studies help sharpen your decision-making skills regarding important treatment choices and effective applications.
- Up-to-date, evidence-based practices ensure you are using the best approach supported by research.
- Contraindications and Precautions boxes explain the safe use and application of physical agents with up-to-date warnings for optimum care paths.
- Clinical Pearl boxes emphasize the tips and tricks of patient practice.
- Application techniques in step-by-step, illustrated resource boxes help you provide safe and effective treatments.
By Michelle H. Cameron, MD, PT, OCS, Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Neurology; Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR