Cardiology Secrets, 4th Edition
Get quick answers to the most important clinical questions with Cardiology Secrets! Using the popular and trusted Secret Series® Q&A format, this easy-to-read cardiology book provides rapid access to the practical, "in-the-trenches" know-how you need to succeed both in practice, and on cardiology board and recertification exams.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply all the latest advances in clinical cardiology techniques, technology, and pharmacology.
- Access the complete text and illustrations online at Expert Consult, fully searchable.
- Get the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optimal care for your patients with cardiac heart diseases.
- Explore effective solutions to a full range of clinical issues including the general examination, diagnostic procedures, arrhythmias, symptoms and disease states, valvular heart disease, cardiovascular pharmacology, and other medical conditions with associated cardiac involvement.
- Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from the leading cardiologists, and "Key Points" boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Review essential material efficiently with the "Top 100 Secrets in Cardiology" - perfect for last-minute study or self-assessment.
"A key feature of this book, and all the books in the Secrets series, is the way it reviews familiar topics. The question-and-answer format provides succinct and practical answers to the most common questions in cardiology. Additionally, the book begins with 100 of the most pertinent concepts found on board and recertification exams. The last section is an excellent reference for miscellaneous cardiovascular symptoms and diseases; the chapters on cardiovascular manifestations of connective tissue disorders and syncope are particularly useful.This book provides an efficient and interactive review of important cardiovascular topics."-Caleb Thompson, MD(Ochsner Clinic Foundation) Doody Review: 80/100
By Glenn N. Levine, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine; Director, Cardiac Care Unit, Michael E. DeBakey Medical Center, Houston, Texas