Cardiology Secrets, 4th Edition
Fast answers to the most essential questions in clinical cardiology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
Revised and updated, Cardiology Secrets, 3rd Edition has the answers. Comprehensive, yet easy to read, Dr. Levine presents all the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of heart conditions in this popular Secret Series volume. A two-color page layout, portable size, and a list of the “Top 100 Secrets” in cardiology help you better meet the challenges you face today. You’ll find all the features you rely on from the Secrets Series®—a question-and-answer format, lists, mnemonics, tables and an informal tone—that make reference fast and easy. Plus, new imaging modalities and pharmacologic agents keep you on the cusp of the latest advances.
- Get the evidence-based guidance you need to provide optimal care for your patients with cardiac heart diseases.
- Explore effective solutions to a full range of clinical issues including the general examination, diagnostic procedures, arrhythmias, symptoms and disease states, valvular heart disease, cardiovascular pharmacology, and other medical conditions with associated cardiac involvement.
- Zero in on key information with bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from the leading cardiologists, and "Key Points" boxes that provide a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Review essential material efficiently with the "Top 100 Secrets in Cardiology" - perfect for last-minute study or self-assessment.
"With chapters covering the latest advances in diagnostic and therapeutic areas, this is a very useful update of the previous edition." -- Surya M Artham, MD, MPH (Ochsner Clinic Foundation), Doody’s Review
- Presents a new editor and a new contributor team who bring you fresh perspectives and the latest research in cardiology.
- Discusses the latest imaging modalities and pharmacologic agents to keep you up to date.
- Uses a new contemporary internal design that helps you navigate the text easier.
By Glenn N. Levine, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine; Director, Cardiac Care Unit, Michael E. DeBakey Medical Center, Houston, Texas