The Practice of Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource, 7th Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$102.00|
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Learn how to properly evaluate and use existing research data and how to conduct your own original research. This authoritative text gives provides a comprehensive foundation for appraisal, synthesis, and generation of research evidence for clinical nursing practice. This new edition also features enhanced coverage of the research methods most applicable to evidence-based practice (outcomes research, intervention research, and translational research), along with a significant increase in the coverage of qualitative research methodologies.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Enhanced emphasis on evidence-based practice equips you to generate research evidence and to appraise and synthesize existing research for application to clinical practice. Using the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program criteria as a point of focus, this book prepares you for today's emphasis on evidence-based practice in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Expanded emphasis on qualitative research addresses phenomenological research, grounded theory research, ethnographic research, exploratory-descriptive research, and historical research to support the development of nursing.
- NEW! Updated coverage of digital data collection guides you through use of the internet for research and addresses the unique considerations surrounding digital data collection methods.
- NEW! Pageburst ebook study guide gives you the opportunity to fully master and apply the text content in a convenient electronic format with integrated interactive review questions.
- Comprehensive coverage of nursing research organizes content into five units: Introduction to Nursing Research, Nursing Research Processes, Tools for Evidence-Based Healthcare, Strategies for Analyzing Research and Building an Evidence-Based Practice, and Writing Proposals and Obtaining Funding.
- Rich and frequent examples from the literature demonstrate the importance and immediacy of research in nursing practice and bring principles to life through the context of actual published studies.
- Strong coverage of quantitative and other clinically-applicable research methodologies gives you a solid grounding to conduct, appraise, and apply research evidence to the realities of clinical practice in today's healthcare environment.
By Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas; Nancy Burns, PhD, RN, FCN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas and Jennifer R. Gray, PhD, RN, FAAN, George W. and Hazel M. Jay Professor, College of Nursing; Associate Dean and Chair, Department of MSN Administration, Education, and PhD Programs, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas