Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
After thirty five years, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition is still the reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on diagnosing and treating the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. John E. Bennett and Raphael Dolin along with new editorial team member Dr. Martin Blaser have meticulously updated this latest edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest clinical and scientific knowledge at your fingertips. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased worldwide perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition helps you identify and treat whatever infectious disease you see.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Put the latest knowledge to work in your practice with new or completely revised chapters on influenza (new pandemic strains); new Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) virus; probiotics; antibiotics for resistant bacteria; antifungal drugs; new antivirals for hepatitis B and C; Clostridium difficile treatment; sepsis; advances in HIV prevention and treatment; viral gastroenteritis; Lyme disease; Helicobacter pylori; malaria; infections in immunocompromised hosts; immunization (new vaccines and new recommendations); and microbiome.
- Benefit from fresh perspectives and global insights from an expanded team of international contributors.
- Find and grasp the information you need easily and rapidly with newly added chapter summaries. These bulleted templates include diagnosis, therapy, and prevention and are designed as a quick summary of the chapter and to enhance relevancy in search and retrieval on Expert Consult.
- Stay current on Expert Consult with a thorough and regularly scheduled update program that ensures access to new developments in the field, advances in therapy, and timely information.
- Access the information you need easily and rapidly with new succinct chapter summaries that include diagnosis, therapy, and prevention.
- Experience clinical scenarios with vivid clarity through a richly illustrated, full-color format that includes 1500 photographs for enhanced visual guidance.
- Get the answers to questions you have with more in-depth coverage of epidemiology, etiology, pathology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other infectious disease resource.
- Find the latest diagnoses and treatments for currently recognized and newly emerging infectious diseases, such as those caused by avian and swine influenza viruses.
By John E. Bennett, MD, Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine; Director, Infectious Diseases Training Program, NIH Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education, Bethesda, Maryland
; Raphael Dolin, MD, Maxwell Finland Professor of Medicine (Microbiology & Molecular Genetics), Harvard Medical School; Attending Physician, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
and Martin J. Blaser, MD, Muriel G. and George W. Singer Professor of Translational Medicine, Professor of Microbiology, Director, Human Microbiome Program, Departments of Medicine and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, Langone Medical Center, New York, New York