Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Look no further for quick, complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests And Diagnostic Procedures, 5th Edition covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all. In Part I, you'll find a unique, alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. Part II presents key information on virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. All test entries are up-to-date, concise, complete, and consistently presented, making this resource the perfect choice for students or practitioners who need fast, accurate information on diagnostic tests.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 12 new test entries present the latest tests and procedures available, including: Procalcitonin; Calcium scoring; Vascular endothelial growth factor; Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy; RD1 interferon assays for tuberculosis; and OraQuick rapid HIV test.
- Larger trim size and improved design make vital information easier to locate.
- Over 600 diseases and symptoms are listed in Part I, with the most relevant tests identified for each.
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included in Part II, more than any other reference!
- Organized alphabetically, with printed A-to-Z thumb tabs that make it easy to turn to appropriate sections in the book.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to help you quickly find what you're looking for.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, along with Panic Level Symptoms and Treatment for dangerously elevated levels.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan coverage.
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your patients and provide effective care.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, helping you diagnose patients for whom blood preservation is essential. You'll also see whether blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Special consent form requirements are indicated for appropriate tests.
- Guidance for client and family teaching helps you offer useful instruction concerning test preparation and follow-up care.
By Cynthia C. Chernecky, PhD, RN, CNS, AOCN, FAAN, Professor, Department of Physiological and Technological Nursing, School of Nursing, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA and Barbara J. Berger, MSN, RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Southwest General Health Center, Partnering with University Hospitals Health System, Middleburg Heights, OH