Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2014 Edition (User Guide & Access Code)
Learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2014 Edition! Reinforcing concepts from Carol J. Buck’s Step-by-Step text, this complete online coding course offers convenient self-study and assessment, including the latest coverage of reimbursement, ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons incorporate photographs, figures, narrated slide shows, case-based exercises, pop-up definitions, and professional insights.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content includes the latest coding information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
- Interactive exercises include a unique case-based coding activity, as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and true/false questions.
- Over 125 illustrations of medical procedures and conditions help you understand the services being coded, and images from Carol J. Buck’s ICD and HCPCS references familiarize you with the format of professional coding manuals.
- Dual coding addresses the transition to ICD-10 by providing coding answers in both ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- Synopses of textbook lessons in each online chapter reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable, up-to-date tips and advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- Automatically scored exams measure your mastery of chapter content.
- Hyperlinked words provide one-click access to definitions from an extensive glossary of approximately 650 terms.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN