Physician Coding Exam Review 2013
The Certification Step with ICD-9-CM
Build the confidence to succeed on the AAPC CPC® certification exam and take your medical coding career to the next step with CPC® Coding Exam Review 2013: The Certification Step with ICD-9-CM! Reflecting the expert insight of leading coding educator Carol J. Buck, this complete exam review guides you step-by-step through all of the content covered on the CPC® exam, including anatomy and terminology for each organ system; reimbursement concepts; an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding; and more. Plus, two practice exams and a final exam modeled on the actual CPC® exam simulate the exam experience to give you a head start on certification success.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Real-world, physician-based coding cases provide extra practice and preparation for the CPC exam.
- Comprehensive review content based on the AAPC CPC® exam covers everything you need to know to pass your exams.
- Companion Evolve website includes a pre-exam and post-exam with answers and rationales that allow you to track your learning, identify areas where you need more study, and overcome test anxiety.
- A final exam located in the text simulates the actual testing experience you’ll encounter when you take the CPC® exam.
- Concise outline format helps you quickly access key information and study more efficiently.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN