Medical Terminology Online for The Language of Medicine (Access Code), 10th Edition
Medical Terminology Online is a fun, interactive way to help you master the medical vocabulary presented in Davi-Ellen Chabner's The Language of Medicine, 10th Edition. Corresponding to the chapters in the textbook, dynamic online modules reinforce your understanding and bring medical terminology to life. Video clips, animations, and slide shows demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms, while engaging exercises challenge you to apply medical terms to the clinical setting.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW terms and abbreviations reflect advances in technology and changes in healthcare delivery.
- NEW! Larger screen area makes it easier to view illustrations, play animations, and do activities.
- Enhanced exercises improve learning with word building, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- Narrated animations and slide shows demonstrate physiologic processes and help you master difficult concepts.
- Unique! Over 1,200 drawings and graphics reinforce learning with many more illustrations than are included in the textbook.
- Medical records activities help you become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- Threaded case studies follow patients with particular medical conditions throughout an entire module to show the real-life applications of medical terminology.
- Take It In activity asks you to read a clinical vignette and immediately answer questions, helping you understand and use medical terminology in context.
- End-of-module exams assess your mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor.
- Glossary of over 5,000 terms includes definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.