Medical Terminology Online for The Language of Medicine (User Guide and Access Code), 10th Edition
Get more from your medical terminology text with interactive online learningTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Reinforce your understanding of medical terminology and apply your knowledge to the clinical setting! Corresponding to The Language of Medicine, 9th Edition, by Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, this online course supplements the textbook with interactive exercises, dynamic animations, and narrated slide shows. Together with the text, Medical Terminology Online helps you develop the specialized vocabulary you need to communicate effectively in practice and the word analysis skills you need to define unfamiliar terms.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module, with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- Narrated animations and slide shows demonstrate physiologic processes and help you master difficult concepts.
- Unique! Over 1,200 drawings and graphics reinforce learning with many more illustrations than are included in the textbook.
- Medical records activities help you become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- Threaded case studies follow patients with particular medical conditions throughout an entire module to show the real-life applications of medical terminology.
- Take It In activity asks you to read a clinical vignette and immediately answer questions, helping you understand and use medical terminology in context.
- End-of-module exams assess your mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor.
- Glossary of over 5,000 terms includes definitions and pronunciations in English and Spanish.
- A new design reflects the appearance of the book's latest edition, and includes easier site navigation.
- Updated content includes new terms and abbreviations reflecting advances in technology and changes in health care.
- Outcome-based learning includes an objective for each module, with an assessment in each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.