Workbook for ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2013 Edition
Specially designed to parallel the material in ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2nd Edition, this helpful workbook provides in-depth study and review of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding concepts. Engaging, interactive exercises reinforce your understanding of text content and challenge you to apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- UPDATED! Includes the latest ICD-10 code revisions to ensure you have the most up-to-date information available.
- Hands-on application activities and case studies help you master text concepts by applying them to actual health records and case scenarios.
- All coding examples and exercises (including answer keys) show ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS codes to prepare you for the proposed October 2014 implementation.
- ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting in each coding chapter help you further understand how to code diagnoses.
- Matching exercises, multiple-choice questions, coding questions, and case scenarios with MS-DRG assignment reinforce key content from the text.
- Companion Evolve website for the text offers convenient online access to updates, partial answer keys, and coding guidelines.
By Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, Coding and Consulting Services, Abingdon, MD and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, BS, RHIT, CCS, CPC, CPC-H, Partner, Auditing & Coding Experts, LLC, Crofton, MD