Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2013 Edition (User Guide & Access Code)
Get the flexibility to decide when and where you want to learn medical coding with Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2013 Edition. Perfect for reinforcing the important concepts of the Step-by-Step textbook, this complete online coding course offers self-study, assessment, and the latest coverage of ICD-10-CM, ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCS, reimbursement, and inpatient coding all in one. Concise lessons incorporate Archie animations, hyperlinked concepts, figures, photographs, interactive exercises, professional insights, and more to help you effectively master the basics of medical coding right from your own computer.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content presents the latest coding information so you can practice with the most current information available.
- Archie animations with audio narration communicate complex concepts that are difficult to convey with static illustrations.
- Dual coding in chapters 13-31 (where both ICD-10 and ICD-9 answers are provided for every question requiring an ICD answer) ensures you can code using the sets of both today and tomorrow.
- Complete coverage of the new ICD-10 code set prepares you for the eventual transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- ICD/HCPCS illustrations help you understand the services being coded and familiarize you with the format of professional coding manuals.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable, up-to-date insights from instructors and professionals in the medical coding field.
- Unique interactive exercises include a specially-created, case-based coding activity (including sequencing), as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Textbook lesson synopses in each online chapter reinforce learning and serve as helpful review tools.
- Full-color art program features more than 125 figures throughout the program to enhance your learning.
- Hypertext reference links offer immediate access to additional resources to further your learning.
- Hyperlinked words provide one-click access to definitions from an extensive glossary of approximately 650 terms.
- Automatically scored exams allow you to demonstrate your mastery of chapter content online.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN