Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2013 Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Strengthen your ability to code accurately and obtain the correct reimbursement for medical services with this helpful workbook. Specifically designed to parallel the content of Carol J. Buck's Step-By-Step Medical Coding, 2013 Edition, it provides more than 1,500 questions and terminology exercises that cover both the ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis coding systems, and includes over 90 original source documents to familiarize you with the materials you'll encounter in practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated content presents the latest coding information so you can practice with the most current information available.
- Dual coding in chapters 13-31 (where both ICD-10 and ICD-9 answers are provided for every question requiring an ICD answer) ensures you can code using the sets of both today and tomorrow.
- Complete coverage of the new ICD-10 code set prepares you for the eventual transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- Three types of activities help you master key concepts and apply your knowledge:
- Theory: fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions
- Practical: line coding exercises
- Reports: practice coding with actual medical record documentation
- Consistent question format with odd numbered answers provided mirrors the format of the main text to improve your coding skills and promote critical thinking.
- Over 90 original source documents , cleared of all confidential information, provide real-world experience with the reports you will encounter on the job.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN