Nursing Care of Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Principles and Practice
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Care of Children: Principles and Practice provides numerous student-friendly features to help you navigate through difficult concepts to gain understanding with ease. The text emphasizes a community focus while teaching growth & development and major body system alterations information needed by pediatric nurses.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Companion CD-ROM enclosed with the text provides an integrative, comprehensive approach to textbook principles through pediatric assessment video clips, animations, an audio glossary including Spanish pronunciations, and NCLEX„¥ review questions.
- Using Research to Improve Practice boxes help you understand how to research and determine proper care and procedures.
- Beautiful full-color illustrations provide realistic, visually appealing interpretations of pediatric nursing in action.
- Student-friendly writing style makes material more accessible.
- Pathophysiology boxes illustrate how disease conditions develop to provide a scientific basis for understanding the nursing care of an illness.
- Clinical Reference sections review basic anatomy and physiology, discuss pediatric differences, describe common diagnostics tests, and list commonly prescribed medications.
- Want to Know boxes assist with instructing parents and children about self-care in the home and follow-up care in community-based health care settings.
- Photo Stories visually depict various nursing roles in diverse care settings.
- Communication Cues suggest effective ways for nurses to facilitate understanding and elicit necessary information in exchanges with the child and/or parent.
- Critical to Remember boxes identify practices required to deliver safe care.
- Critical Thinking Exercises apply learning to practice via case study scenarios.
- Drug Guides provide quick reference on the pediatric uses and nursing implications of specific drugs.
- Procedure boxes outline step-by-step instructions for common nursing tasks.
- Health Promotion boxes emphasize a wellness approach and pediatric health priorities based on AAP recommendations.
By Susan R. James, PhD, MSN, RN, Associate Professor of Nursing, Coordinator, Nursing of Infants and Children, Curry College, Milton, MA; Kristine Nelson, RN, MN, Assistant Professor of Nursing
Tarrant County College
Fort Worth, Texas
and Jean Ashwill, MSN, RN, Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Student Services, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas