Urologic Surgical Pathology, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
With sweeping revisions throughout, the new edition of Urologic Surgical Pathology equips you to accurately diagnose specimens of the entire urinary tract and male reproductive system plus the adrenal glands. Comprehensive in scope, this title begins with a look at normal anatomy and histology for each organ system...followed by discussions of the pathology of congenital anomalies, inflammations, non-neoplastic diseases and neoplasia. Practical guidance in daily urological pathology sign-out and the latest recommended diagnostic approaches - with an emphasis on clinicopathologic and radiographic-pathologic correlations - makes this a true diagnostic decision-making medical reference. A consistent format enables you to locate critical information quickly, and more than 1600 high-quality illustrations - most in full color - make diagnosis even easier.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay current with the latest information on: differential diagnosis for all tumor types encountered in urological surgical pathology practice; urologic tumor specimen handling and reporting guidelines; new entities and updated classification schemes; and newer immunohistochemical and genetic diagnostic methods.
- Develop targeted therapy specific to a particular patient’s problem based on key molecular aspects of disease, especially in relevance to targeted therapy/personalized medicine.
- Provide the clinician with the most accurate diagnostic and prognostic indicators, by incorporating the latest classification and staging systems in your reports.
- Deepen your understanding of new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis.
- Rely on the practice-proven experience of today’s authorities to identify and diagnose with confidence.
- Confirm your diagnostic suspicions by comparing your findings to more than 1600 color images and color graphics.
- Quickly locate the specific information you need through an abundance of tables, diagrams and flowcharts; boxed lists of types and causes of diseases; differential diagnosis; characteristic features of diseases; complications; classifications; and staging.
- Access the fully searchable text and images online at Expert Consult.
"Pathologists who have used the previous edition will be pleased with this update and I am sure that they will welcome this new edition with élan. The eight years since the last edition have seen major advances in the field of urologic pathology and this new edition includes most if not all of them. I know of no better book that would bring readers up to speed in urologic pathology as it is practiced by the foremost experts in this subspecialty. For a rapidly developing field (like urologic pathology), this might appear no more than an ephemeral snapshot, but still it will update readers better than any other book. The morphology is still the mainstay, but the ancillary techniques like immunohistochemistry and molecular biology are also included and will help readers understand not only the biology and pathophysiology, but also the clinical significance of these new advances. The book was written for practicing surgical pathologists, who will be the main users. However it should be made available to trainees in pathology and urology and oncologists dealing with urologic diseases. Thus, I see it on the shelves of practicing pathologists as well as in general hospital libraries. I highly recommend this book as one of the must-have, must-read, key books of the core library of modern surgical pathology."- Ivan Damjanov, MD(University of Kansas Medical Center) Doody Reveiw: 5 stars
By David G. Bostwick, MD, MBA, FCAP, Chief Medical Officer, Bostwick Laboratories, Glen Allen, VA, USA
and Liang Cheng, MD, Professor of Pathology and Urology, Chief of Genitourinary Pathology Division, Director of Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Clarian, Pathology Laboratory, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA