LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
With all of the practical knowledge, skills, and applications you need in today's health unit environment, this completely updated 6th edition of LAFLEUR BROOKS' HEALTH UNIT COORDINATING gives you everything you need to succeed. It reflects the latest advances in the field, including the electronic medical record, as well as new photos and illustrations that bring concepts to life. Plus, you'll understand everything from communications skills to procedures through activities such as Abbreviation Exercises, Review Questions, Scenarios, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Expanded coverage of the EMR/CPOE explains how the implementation of the electronic medical record/CPOE is changing the role of the Health Unit Coordinator.
- UPDATED! Coverage of medications, diagnostic procedures, therapies, surgical procedures, and new health care trends keep you up to date on how to perform your role effectively in today’s medical environment.
- NEW! Hot topics in health unit coordinating keep you abreast of issues currently affecting the health unit coordinator such as, the electronic health record/CPOE, physician order entries, preceptorships, and interviewing/background checks, are addressed.
- NEW! Additional student activities are included in each chapter to help reinforce material, expand your critical thinking and application skills, and prepare you for exams.
- NEW! Flashcards on Evolve help you review important terminology and abbreviations that you will use on the job.
- Certification Review Guide with mock certification exam is included on the Evolve site with every purchase of the book.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform important procedures include in-depth explanations of key tasks and possible modifications that would meet special requirements.
- High Priority boxes throughout the text offer useful information such as lists of addresses, organizations, laboratory studies, hospital specialties, health unit coordinator career ladders, helpful hints, and more, related to chapter discussions.
- Example boxes in the Communication chapters present real-life scenarios that outline the responsibilities of the health unit coordinator in each situation and offer tips on how you can conduct yourself in a professional and helpful manner.
- Bad handwriting examples give you experience deciphering hard-to-read handwriting that you will encounter in practice.Student-friendly features such as outlines, chapter objectives, vocabulary, and abbreviations are included at the beginning of each chapter to set the stage for the important information to be covered later in the chapter.
- References within the text to the companion skills practice manual and online tools direct you to hands-on exercises that stress the practical applications of skills and procedures in a simulated health care environment.
By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ