Essentials of Radiology, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Take image interpreting one step at a time with Essentials of Radiology, the most accessible radiology text on the market for gaining a foothold on the fundamentals. Breathe easy - this reference assumes no prior knowledge of radiology, making it the perfect choice for anyone just starting out in the field. Whether you're a student or resident, you'll appreciate how expert radiologist, Dr. Mettler, masterfully distills all the information you need, in precisely the right way.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Approach imaging with confidence through the help of Dr. Mettler’s straightforward, digestible, and enjoyable style. He makes it simple to learn the radiology basics by breaking down chapters into bodily regions or systems, equipping you with easily referenced and useful information.
- Take the mystery out of interpreting any image by viewing over 500 outstanding pictures. Images of disease entities are shown alongside normal ones, offering you an ideal frame of reference for accurate interpretation.
- Understand and apply the latest diagnostic imaging techniques with a completely updated text that mirrors today's most recent advances.
- Conveniently access the full text and image library online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Gain a rich understanding of recent advances in the diagnostic imaging of abdominal, pelvic, and retroperitoneal conditions, and take advantage of this text's sharp focus on the most common pathologic entities and rarer life-threatening conditions.
- Explore the radiologic evaluation of headaches, hypertension, low back pain, and other challenging conditions.
"This is a very useful book for the intended audience. It is very basic, so radiology residents will probably not find it that useful after about six months of training, but nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical students, and primary care physicians should find it extremely useful. There have been sufficient changes in the field of radiology to warrant the new edition."- Bennett Greenspan, MD, MD(Medical College of Georgia) Doody Review: 5 stars
By Fred A. Mettler, Jr., MD, MPH, Chief, Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, New Mexico Veterans Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM