Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$59.95|
Make learning medical terminology faster and more fun with Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 7th Edition! Presenting terms in the context of body systems, this book helps you begin reading, writing, and speaking medical terms in the shortest time possible. Small chunks of information are always followed immediately by exercises, so you will be learning every minute! This edition adds oodles ofmany new illustrations and a new Special Senses chapter, and an Evolve companion website includes word games, activities, and audio pronunciations to make it easier to understand and remember terminology. Written in a clear, conversational style by Peggy C. Leonard, this resource gives you the tools to communicate effectively in the health care environment.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Special Senses chapter provides dedicated coverage of the eye and ear.
- NEW! Expanded mental health coverage includes the mental health terms you are most likely to encounter in clinical practice.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with advances in healthcare.
- NEW! Photos and drawings illustrate difficult terms and procedures, including the increased use of endoscopy in many specialties.
- The programmed learning approach presents content in small blocks called 'frames' that allow you to get immediate feedback on your progress.
- A flexible, body systems organization lets you go through the material in any order after completing the orientation chapters, making it easy to coordinate your study with other courses such as anatomy and physiology.
- A review of anatomy and physiology at the beginning of each body systems chapter provides a context for understanding tmedical terminology.
- Medical reports with review exercises are included in the book and on the Evolve companion website, allowing you to practice using terms in real-life situations.
- Quick Tips in the margins add essential information and interesting, fun facts.
Doody Review by Steven K. Hamick, BIS, RCP, RRT, AE-C(William Beaumont Hospitals):
"The book is useful for students in a short medical terminology course or as self-paced material for anyone pursuing a career in the allied health professions…For a short course in medical terminology, this book is very thorough and detailed, making for an enjoyable reading experience…This excellent book is highly recommended for any student going into healthcare. College/university and public libraries would find it a valuable resource as well."
Score: 100 5 STARS!