Hematology E-Book, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This leading text reflects both the new direction and explosive growth of the field of hematology. Edited and written by practitioners who are the leaders in the field, the book covers basic scientific foundations of hematology while focusing on its clinical aspects. This edition has been thoroughly updated and includes ten new chapters on cellular biology, haploidentical transplantation, hematologic manifestations of parasitic diseases, and more. The table of contents itself has been thoroughly revised to reflect the rapidly changing nature of the molecular and cellular areas of the specialty. Over 1,000 vivid images, now all presented in full color for the first time, include a collection of detailed photomicrographs in every chapter, selected by a hematopathology image consultant. What's more, this Expert Consult Premium Edition includes access to the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable and updated quarterly by Dr. Hoffman himself.
New to This Edition
- Apply all the latest knowledge on regulation of gene expression, transcription splicing, and RNA metabolism; pediatric transfusion therapy; principles of cell-based gene therapy; allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome in adults; hematology in aging; and much more, thanks to 27 brand-new chapters plus sweeping updates throughout.
- Find the information you need quickly and easily thanks to a completely reworked organization that better reflects today's clinical practice.
- Visualize clinical problems more clearly with new and updated images that reflect the pivotal role of hematopathology in modern practice.
- Benefit from the experience and fresh perspective of new editor Dr. Jeffrey Weitz, Professor of Medicine at McMaster University School of Medicine and Executive Director of the Thrombosis and Atherosclerosis Research Institute in Ontario.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Make confident, effective clinical decisions by consulting the world's most trusted hematology reference.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, with a downloadable image collection, regular updates, case studies, patient information sheets, and more.
By Ronald Hoffman, MD, Professor of Hematology and Medical Oncology, the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York; Edward J. Benz, Jr., MD, President, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Richard and Susan Smith Professor of Medicine, Professor of Pediatrics, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts; Leslie E. Silberstein, MD, Professor of Pathology, HMS; Director, Joint Program in Transfusion Medicine; Children's Hospital Boston; Brigham and Women's Hospital; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Senior Investigator, IDI; Director, Center for Human Cell Therapy, IDI; Boston, Massachusetts and Helen Heslop, MD, Professor, Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics Section of Hematology-Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine; Dan L. Duncan Chair Director, Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program, The Methodist Hospital; Associate Director Clinical Research, Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center; Houston, Texas