Operative Techniques: Hand and Wrist Surgery, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Hand and Wrist Surgery, edited by Dr. Kevin Chung, shows you how to perform all the latest procedures and get the best results. This medical reference book in the Operative Techniques series uses step-by-step descriptions, illustrations, and videos to provide all the guidance you need to succeed.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Get just the information you need thanks to a new, more concise format and a user-friendly presentation.
- Watch and learn: 72 video clips show you how Dr. Chung performs key techniques.
- Know what to look for, how to proceed, and what results to expect with even more photos and illustrations demonstrating each technique and radiographs showing presenting problems and post-surgical outcomes.
- Stay up to date on the latest advances, including a greater focus on tissue-transplantation topics, four new procedures on skin flaps, and additional chapters on tendon transfers.
- Search the complete contents online and watch all the videos with expertconsult.com.
- Improve your technique and optimize outcomes with pearls and pitfalls from the authors.
"Unlike traditional textbooks of hand surgery that dedicate opening chapters to the discus-immediately invites readersinto the operating room,serving as one of the most practical guides to hand surgeryavailable. By page 13,the reader imagines sitting opposite Dr. Kevin Chung, learning from one of the current masters of hand surgery. Building on the successof the first edition, a text that has been adopted as an essential reference for budding and seasoned hand surgeons alike, the second edition providesan even more impressive compilation of nearlyevery common procedure encountered in the clinical practice of hand surgery. The authors have not only expanded the number of procedures included, but have also updated previously described cases, reflecting a dedication to the advancement of hand and wrist surgery. Although the book spans almost 900 pages, the reader is provided an organizational scheme that facilitates rapid and facile navigation. Perhaps the greatest improvement and unique feature of the book is access to a compilation ofover 70 well-executed videos. In a time when the value of simulation in surgical education has never been greater, the online materials serve as a virtual operating room that may be accessed from anywhere at any time. Surgeons will be inspired by this book and will find it to be one of the most frequently referenced and used texts in their daily practice." - Rebecca M. Garza, M.D. and James Chang, M.D. - PRSJournal.com
"This edition incorporates numerous worthwhile updates and improvements (e.g. videos) and it does an excellent job of detailing the procedures that it does cover. The illustrations and videos are great instructional aids."- Samuel Chmell, MD (University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine) Doody Review!
By Kevin C. Chung, MD, MS, Charles B.G. De Nancrede Professor in Surgery, Section of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs, Associate Director for Global REACH
University of Michigan Medical School, Professor, Plastic Surgery, University of Michigan, Taubman Center