Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult-Online and Print
Master the key concepts you need to perform, read, and interpret musculoskeletal ultrasounds. A straightforward approach, an abundance of detailed ultrasound images, and online video demonstrations provide step-by-step guidance that makes learning easy.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- See exactly how to examine each body region (shoulder, hand, etc.) by watching video demonstrations. 5-minute walk-throughs show you how to perform each ultrasound examination, and 15-second case-based clips illustrate a variety of clinical findings you might see.
- Visually grasp and understand essential concepts, techniques, and interpretation skills through over 700 high-quality images including 100 color Doppler examples.
- Apply the best practices and stay current with updated content, including a new chapter on interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Access the full text online at expertconsult.com including the entire image library and video clips.
- Find answers quickly thanks to a succinct, highly accessible writing style that makes information easy to understand.
- Deepen your understanding of the anatomy of peripheral joints so you can interpret ultrasound scans with confidence.
- Differentiate one condition from another by examining the sonographic appearances of common musculoskeletal pathologies.
- Correlate your knowledge of anatomy with the development of skilled ultrasound technique. This is an excellent primer for rheumatologists incorporating MSK US into their practices to evaluate and treat inflammatory joint diseases.
"Because Jacobson is the sole author of the book, the writing style is consistent and easy to read...In the preface, Jacobson states that his goal is 'to teach the fundamentals of musculoskeletal ultrasound in a concise and efficient manner.' He clearly achieved his objective. This book will appeal to both musculoskeletal and general radiologists and should be part of any radiology library." - AJR
"This edition includes significant improvements. The complete online version is searchable, with the references linked to PubMed abstracts. Greatly improved images, the addition of online content, particularly cine clips, and updated content make this an excellent resource. It is a valuable purchase even for those who own the first edition." - Yulia Melenevsky, MD(Medical College of Georgia) Doody 5 stars
By Jon A. Jacobson, MD, Associate Professor of Radiology; Director, Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI