Retina E-Book, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Praised by JAMA as "The most complete description of the development, structure, function, pathophysiology, and treatment of the retina and its diseases to be found anywhere," this monumental three-volume work puts all of today's scientific and clinical knowledge of the retina at readers' fingertips. The New Edition has been comprehensively updated and reorganized to reflect all of the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques. The result is an indispensable reference and diagnostic tool for generalists and specialists alike.
New to This Edition
- Make the best use of new technologies with expanded and updated coverage of optical coherence tomography (OCT), fundus imaging, and autofluorescence imaging.
- Apply the latest knowledge on anti-VEGF therapy for age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and vein disease.
- Learn about artificial vision, drug delivery to the posterior segment, advances in macular surgery, vitrectomy, and complex retinal detachment, with updates on tumors, retinal genetics, cell biology, important basic science topics, and much more.
- Get the most out of new pharmacologic approaches in the management of age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- In your practice, diagnostic evaluations, and now even treatments, will be influenced by recent scientific discoveries such as in the areas of nanotechnology, neuro protection, stem cells and gene therapy, among other scientific contributions.
- View videos of surgical procedures and access the complete contents of Retina, 5th Edition online at www.expertconsult.com, fully searchable, with regular updates and a downloadable image gallery.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Examine and evaluate the newest diagnostic technologies and approaches that are changing the management of retinal disease, including future technologies which will soon become the standard.
- Put the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques to work in your practice.
- Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed editor Dr. Stephen Ryan, five expert co-editors, and a truly global perspective from 358 other world authorities across Europe, Asia, Australasia, and the Americas.
By Stephen J. Ryan, MD, President, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, CA; Edited by Andrew P. Schachat, MD, Vice Chairman, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
; Charles P. Wilkinson, MD
MD, Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center; Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center and Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA and David R. Hinton, MD, Gavin S. Herbert Professor of Retinal Research; Professor of Pathology and Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA