Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Secrets - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Part of the popular Secrets series, this helpful reference presents basic physical therapy concepts and then introduces different healing modalities, specialties and orthopedic procedures typically prescribed for common injuries such as shoulders and extremities. Common diseases are included as well as more innovative diagnostic tools for physical therapists such as radiology. Each chapter features concise information that includes the author's tips, memory aids and "secrets." Bulleted lists, algorithms and illustrations provide a quick review of the specific topic discussed. The information is entirely evidence-based, outcome based and up-to-date.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A comprehensive, heavily illustrated new chapter on orthopedic radiology provides a quick review on reading and interpreting radiographs of common orthopedic conditions.
- A new differential diagnosis chapter describes the process and the purpose of differential diagnosis for physical therapists who are practicing without referral and who need to expand their knowledge of medical problems that mimic musculoskeletal disease.
- All chapters provide an emphasis on outcome studies and evidence-based practice and include the latest research for the concepts presented.
- Numerous charts, table and algorithms summarize and visually portray concepts covered in the chapters to provide additional information for clinical decision making.
- Chapters are written by well-known contributors, including some of the best-known physical therapists practicing in the field today.
- Provides important information on topics covered in the orthopedic specialty exam.
- Includes detailed information relevant to making an accurate shoulder assessment as well as the most common shoulder disorders.
By Jeffrey D. Placzek, MD, PT, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Oakland University, Rochester; Resident Physician, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI and David A. Boyce, PT, EOD, OCS, ECS, Instructor, Physical Therapy Program, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY