The Extra Step, Physician-Based Coding Practice 2011 Edition - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Coding educator Carol J. Buck designed this easy-to-use resource to help you perfect your coding skills and position yourself for career advancement. The Extra Step, Physician-Based Coding Practice 2011 Edition presents realistic patient cases specific to outpatient physician settings to give you the extra practice you need to remain competitive in the medical coding marketplace and prepare for the CPC and CCS-P certification exams.Table of Contents
- More than 130 cases covering 18 specialties provide comprehensive coding practice in physician-based settings to strengthen your understanding and help you ensure your professional success.
- Abstracting questions at the end of many cases are designed to assess knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Challenging reports are accompanied by detailed rationales on the companion Evolve Resources website to help you perfect your critical thinking skills and reinforce your knowledge of key coding concepts.
- ICD-9-CM codes are accompanied by corresponding ICD-10-CM codes in the answer keys to familiarize you with the new coding system.
- Cases are mapped to the content outline of the CPC and CCS-P certification exams to help you prepare for certification.
- A companion Evolve Resources website keeps you informed of updates in the coding field and provides rationales for textbook patient cases and hints and tips for more efficient coding.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN