Sonography Principles and Instruments - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
The 8th edition of Kremkau's Sonography Principles and Instruments concisely and comprehensively covers the essential aspects of sonography physics and technology, presenting state-of-the-art content in a dynamic, highly visual format. Confidently prepare for the challenges of practice with a clear understanding of how diagnostic sonography works, including Doppler, artifacts, safety, quality assurance, the latest technology, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A full-color design depicts more than 200 high-quality ultrasound scans similar to what you'll encounter in the clinical setting.
- Updated scans from the most current equipment and updated content on 3D imaging, contrast, elastrography, and imaging artifacts provide all the information necessary to be consistent with current technology.
- Full-color photos of common instruments and control panels familiarize you with the devices you'll use in practice.
- Updated risk and safety statements help you ensure compliance with current national standards.
- New outline and presentation of materials reflect the 2009 ARDMS Sonography Principles and Instrumentation (SPI) examination.
- Essential coverage of physics and ultrasound helps you prepare for the ARDMS SPI exam.
- Straightforward explanations simplify complex content.
- Key Points highlight the most important information to help you study more efficiently.
- Learning features such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, bulleted chapter summaries, and a glossary of sonography physics terms make difficult concepts easier to review and understand.
- End-of-chapter exercises test your knowledge and understanding with a mix of true-or-false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and mathematical questions.
- A mathematics appendix provides fast, efficient access to a List of Symbols, a Compilation of Equations, and a Mathematics Review.
By Frederick W. Kremkau, PhD, Professor, Radiologic Sciences and Director, Program for Medical Ultrasound, Center for Applied Learnng, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC