Understanding Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Building an Evidence-Based Practice
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Learn how to evaluate and apply research with the #1 nursing research book! Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice is known for its authoritative content, a time-tested step-by-step approach, and abundant use of research examples. With improved clarity and readability, the new edition strengthens its focus on evidence-based practice to better demonstrate how the steps of the research process relate to evidence-based nursing. Written by two of the leaders in the field of nursing research, Nancy Burns and Susan K. Grove, this full-color text offers unique insights into understanding, appraising, and applying published research to evidence-based practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An expanded emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
- Enhanced coverage of qualitative research allows prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Two different appraisal processes are included:
- A traditional in-depth critical appraisal process prepares you for graduate-level work in research.
- A concise, practice-focused research appraisal process equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
- Updated research examples prepare you for evidence-based practice by using the physiologic conditions and hospitalized patients seen in clinicals.
- Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
- Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
- A clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
By Nancy Burns, PhD, RN, FCN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, TX and Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, TX