Medical Transcription - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Techniques and Procedures
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Master the fundamentals of medical transcription and meet the challenges of the evolving medical transcription field with Medical Transcription: Techniques and Procedures, 7th Edition. Respected authority Marcy O. Diehl delivers proven, practical training in the skills and technology essential to your success, including proofreading, editing, speech recognition technology, and more. This new edition also reflects an increased emphasis on medical editing and other related fields to keep you current with the changing medical transcription profession and fully prepare you for your role in health information management.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapter highlights the transcriptionist's emerging role as a medical editor and how it impacts health information management and patient safety.
- Take Note boxes provide quick access to key editing/transcription tips.
- From the Field sections deliver helpful insight from practicing medical transcriptionists.
- Updated information familiarizes you with the latest medical transcription equipment.
- Live transcription exercises help you meet the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (ADHI)'s live transcription requirement and practice applying your transcription skills to scenarios commonly encountered in practice.
- Additional exercises test your ability to edit voice recognition software-generated reports.
- Comprehensive coverage and practical exercises demonstrate fundamental editing/transcription concepts and boost your proficiency in:
- Abbreviations and symbols
- Word endings
- Formation of plural forms
- Exercises and helpful hints enhance your proofreading and editing skills and help you prevent common errors.
- Extensive practice and review exercises on Evolve reinforce your understanding and give you the experience to confidently move into the transcription workforce.
By Marcy O. Diehl, BVE, CMA-A, CMT, AHDI-F, Professor Emeritus, Medical Transcriptionist Specialist Curriculum, Grossmont Community College, El Cajon, California