Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
Now in its 7th edition, this popular, must-have text remains the only encyclopedic resource for veterinary internal medical problems. The internationally acclaimed "gold standard" offers unparalleled coverage of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting dogs and cats, as well as the latest information on the genome, clinical genomics, euthanasia, innocent heart murmurs, hyperbaric medicine, home prepared and raw diets, obesity, botulism, artificial pacing of the heart, cancer vaccines, and more. The 7th edition combines the convenience of a two-volume printed textbook with the enhanced functionality of a regularly updated Expert Consult website that enables you to electronically search your entire book and study more efficiently. With instant access to the most reliable, up-to-date information available, you'll always be at the forefront of veterinary care!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Thoroughly updated and expanded content, including 90 new chapters, addresses the latest developments across the full spectrum of small animal care.
- Companion Expert Consult website enhances your learning experience with the ability to search the entire electronic text instantly for easy reference. Expert Consult also gives you instant access to:
- More than 150 procedural videos that guide you step-by-step through essential procedures.
- Audio files that help you identify heart abnormalities by their sound.
- Continually updated, fully searchable online text provides fast, easy access to the most current, reliable information in the field.
- More than 150 clinical algorithms throughout the text aid in disease-identification and decision-making.
- Expanded online chapter content enhances your understanding through additional text, illustrations, tables, and boxes.
- Hyperlinked client information sheets streamline reference of specific conditions and enhance communication with clients.
- Extensive online reference list directs you to full-text PubMed abstracts for additional research.
"A must-have book with an enormous amount of recent information put together by a lot of well known contributors, in an extremely pleasant way to use and read."
EJCAP, June 2011
By Stephen J. Ettinger, DVM, DACVIM, Pet DRx Corporation, California Animal Hospital Veterinary Specialty Group, Los Angeles, CA and Edward C. Feldman, DVM, DACVIM, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA