McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Considered a fundamental text in the field of veterinary technology, McCurnin’s Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians is back in its 7th edition and better than ever! Written by veterinarians, including many board-certified specialists, and veterinary technicians who understand the vet tech curriculum, this text is full of everything you’ll need to know in your practice. Sections on small and large animals, birds, reptiles, and small mammals embrace every aspect of the veterinary field, while case presentations of actual patient situations link information to relevant, real-life scenarios you may encounter in future practice. Get it all with this extensive and practical text essential to the veterinary technician profession!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New case presentations help link information to real life by illustrating scenarios of actual patient situations and outcomes.
- Increased coverage of large animal concerns, such as nutrition, emergency nursing, pain management, and anesthesia, prepare you for potential patients.
- New chapters on Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, and Laws, Regulations, and Ethics, as well as expanded sections in Anesthesia, Nursing, and Dentistry provide the most comprehensive information.
- Newly added key terms, glossary, outlines, boxed “Technician Tips,” and learning objectives aid studying.
- Full color visuals make learning easier with accurate depictions of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Detailed information of the technician’s role in every procedure enables you to focus on your role in veterinary practice.
- Birds, reptiles, and small mammals chapter keeps you up-to-date with care and treatment for these increasingly popular pets.
- Chapters on pharmacology, pain management, restraint, and veterinary oncology offer a broader understanding of the responsibilities of a technician.
- The TEACH manual provides instructors with teaching/learning objectives, key terms, critical thinking challenges, and chapter quizzes, while the workbook contains applied quizzes and activities for each chapter.
By Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA and Dennis M. McCurnin, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVS, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA