Current Therapy in Equine Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 6th Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Stay up-to-date on the latest advances and current issues in equine medicine with this handy reference for the busy equine practitioner, large animal veterinarian, or student. This edition of Current Therapy in Equine Medicine brings you thorough coverage and expert advice on selected topics in areas that have seen significant advances in the last 5 years. Content emphasizes the practical aspects of diagnosis and treatment and provides details for therapeutic regimens. Arranged primarily by body system, the text also features sections on infectious diseases, foal diseases, nutrition, and toxicology. With this cutting-edge information all in one reliable source, you’ll increase your awareness of key therapies in less time.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- NEW! Emerging topics include issues such as disinfection in equine hospitals; complimentary modalities to traditional medicine; chemotherapy for oncological diseases; and protecting yourself with medical records.
- Each section has NEW topics including medical management of critically ill foals in the field; oral cavity masses; radiology of sinuses and teeth; biochemical tests for myocardial injury; protozoal myeloencephalitis update; management of bladder uroliths; skin grafting; managing the high-risk pregnancy; shock wave therapy; and more!
- Focuses on the latest therapy for equine diseases, emphasizing detailed discussions and the most reliable and current information.
- Organized approach to important problems brings you up-to-date, practical information organized by organ system.
- Concise, easy-to-read format saves you time; most articles provide essential information in 2 to 5 pages.
- Renowned group of contributors share their expertise on the timely topics you need to know about.
- Photos enhance information.
- Line drawings illustrate important concepts.
By N. Edward Robinson, BVetMed, PhD, MRCVS Docteur Honoris Causa (Liege), Matilda R. Wilson Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA; Kim A. Sprayberry, DVM, DACVIM, Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington, Kentucky; N. Edward Robinson, BVetMed, PhD, MRCVS Docteur Honoris Causa (Liege), Matilda R. Wilson Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA and Kim A. Sprayberry, DVM, DACVIM, Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington, Kentucky