Torres and Ehrlich Modern Dental Assisting - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
User-friendly and easy to understand, Torres and Ehrlich Modern Dental Assisting, 9th Edition has everything you need to prepare for a career in dental assisting. This complete learning package includes the textbook, Evolve website, a multimedia procedures DVD with video clips and animations, and an interactive dental office CD that includes updated case studies and interactive review exercises. This book also satisfies ADA accreditation guidelines and the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Multimedia Procedures DVD packaged with the text includes 60 procedural video clips with optional review questions at the end of each clip to help you visualize difficult concepts and test your knowledge.
- A variety of case studies and review on the Interactive Dental Office CD packaged with the text, allow you to apply your knowledge and sharpen your clinical and practice management skills.
- Evolve website includes Canadian content tailored to Canada’s specific nutrition guidelines and privacy regulations.
- Electronic Resources sections list available resources for each chapter on Evolve, the CD-ROM, and the DVD to tie together the text and electronic content.
- Added emphasis on Expanded Functions helps you understand the skills you need to become proficient in complex procedures.
- Updated photos reflect the modern dental assisting environment in which you will practice practice.
- Procedures walk you through hands-on laboratory skills and include illustrations, equipment and supplies needed, and the rationale behind each step to help you master the skills.
- Essential for your practice as a dental assistant, CDC boxes familiarize you with the latest CDC guidelines and illustrate how to use them in the clinical setting.
- Review Exercises on Evolve provide additional opportunity for reviewing the topics in the book.
- Shorter chapters offer a more focused discussion of each topic and help you find specific information easily.
- Learn the proper way to sit, reach, stretch, and position your hands and wrists in the Ergonomics chapter.
- Dental Caries chapter discusses the prevention and intervention of caries.
- Interactive Charting Exercises on the CD and written exercises in the workbook provide practice in this critical dental assisting skill.
- Critical Thinking questions and scenarios test your problem solving skills and provide an opportunity for classroom discussion.
- Patient Education boxes at the end of select chapters offer tips and strategies to help you learn to interact and share information with patients.
- Be aware of ethical and legal situations with Legal and Ethical Implications boxes to protect yourself and your patients.
- Explore the latest cutting-edge research, trends, and hot topics that relate to chapter content with Eye to the Future boxes.
- Student Workbook also available
"BOOK OF THE MONTH... There is a great deal of information in this hardback and its accompanying multi-media learning aids."
BDA News, October 2009
By Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDH, MA, Director of Allied Dental Education, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Visiting Research Scholar, Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC