Teaching in Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
A Guide for Faculty
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
This complete faculty guide covers all three aspects of education - teaching, curriculum, and evaluation - with comprehensive, contemporary guidelines to help you meet the day-to-day challenges of teaching in the clinical setting. This respected title is also one of the National League for Nursing's recommended resources for nurses preparing to take the Certified Nurse Educator examination.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Managing the Learning Environment chapter addresses classroom management and control, motivating and engaging students, and handling disruptive or problem students.
- Multicultural Education chapter provides strategies for effectively teaching and communicating with a culturally diverse student population.
- An entire chapter on simulations presents the development, implementation, and evaluation of simulations so you can successfully integrate this teaching method into your course.
- Reflecting on the Evidence feature at the end of each chapter provides questions that are perfect for classroom and online discussion.
- Nationally recognized contributing authors share their expertise to bring you the best and most comprehensive information available.
- Presents innovative models of clinical teaching that show you how to effectively teach in an interdisciplinary setting, how to evaluate students in the clinical setting, and how to adapt your teaching for community-based practice.li>
- Strategies to promote critical thinking and active learning, including evaluation techniques, lesson planning, and constructing examinations, help you ensure students can apply and synthesize nursing content to make clinical decisions.li>
- Web links with numerous resources related to each chapter topic, available through the Evolve website, provide even more learning opportunities.
By Diane M. Billings, EdD, RN, FAAN, Chancellor's Professor Emeritus, Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN and Judith A. Halstead, DNS, RN, ANEF, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Executive Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN