Cancer Management in Small Animal Practice - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; Cancer Management in Small Animal Practice provides you with all the tools needed to diagnose, stage, and manage the many different disease entities known as "cancer." This manual is designed to provide you with easy-to-access, clinically relevant details for complete care of the small animal cancer patient, while considering the needs, concerns, and capabilities of the client. It provides quick reference sections for information not included in current oncology texts, including drug interactions and resources for participation in clinical trials. All information is well referenced and the reference section on the accompanying website includes links to the original and related articles.Table of Contents
- The latest information including diagnostic procedures, treatment modalities, and outcome predictions to help clients make the best decisions for their pets.
- Expert contributors, renowned for clinical, as well as academic and research expertise, offer a wide breadth and depth of expertise.
- Full-color format provides accurate visual depictions of specific diseases and procedures to enhance your diagnostic capabilities.
- Key Points highlight critical information, enabling quick, easy access.
- Systems approach to diagnosis and management offers logical, systematic, head-to-tail procedure for accurate diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Extensive discussions of supportive care limit adverse events and increase patient survival and puts emergency information at the practitioner’s fingertips.
- Suggested readings highlight the latest information for further investigation and research.
- Comprehensive drug safety guidelines thoroughly discuss all information required to safely handle and administer cancer drugs.
- Helpful drug formularies offer available formulations, recommended dosages, toxicities, and relative costs.
- Chapter on how to access clinical trials provides helpful information and hope for patients and their caregivers.
"This comprehensive text enhanced by very high quality photographs and diagrams would make an ideal immediate addition to the bookshelves of any veterinary student, intern, resident or general practitioner looking to develop their knowledge of oncologic diseases in dogs and cats."
Cancer Management in Small Animal Practice March 2010
"This is a very practical and readable book, which will be useful at all levels of general practice, catering for those who just need to find a quick snippet of information as well as those who require considerably more depth."
Veterinary Practice, June 2010
"This comprehensive text enhanced by very high quality photographs and diagrams would make an ideal immediate addition to the bookshelves of any veterinary student, intern, resident or general practitioner looking to develop their knowledge of oncologic diseases in dogs and cats." Journal of Small Animal Practice, Iain A. Grant BVSc MRCVS DipACVIM
"It is well suited for the practicing veterinarian who has a growing need for rapid, practical help in the fi eld of veterinary oncology. This book provides a logical approach to diagnosis and therapy of cancer in the daily general practice... Overall, the book appears very appealing to the reader with its blue and red coloured titles, numerous illustrations, photographs and tables. The goal of the editors to create a practice guide, which is regularly used when managing small animals with cancer, is certainly met." EJCAP, Autumn 2010
By Carolyn J. Henry, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology), Professor of Oncology, Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, and Division of Hematology/Oncology, School of Medicine; Director, Tom and Betty Scott Endowed Program in Veterinary Oncology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA and Mary Lynn Higginbotham, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology), Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas