Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care for Veterinary Technicians - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
This is a Pageburst digital textbook; the product description may vary from the print textbook.
The first book in the field written expressly for veterinary technicians, Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care, 2nd Edition is efficiently organized for fast consultations and provides quick access to dozens of common, life-saving protocols and procedures. This book focuses on how to maintain patients' conditions and provide specific nursing care that is beneficial to the individual patient's recovery, including how to maintain and handle the various access ports used in the critically ill animal.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapters cover isolation of the critically ill, infectious patient; client communication including triage, both in the waiting room and on the phone; and restraint techniques, sampling techniques, and common emergencies related to birds and exotics.
- Expanded Pain Management, Respiratory Emergencies, and Urologic Emergencies chapters include practical information on a wide variety of presenting problems.
- Expanded coverage of basic lab equipment, fluid therapy, and oxygen therapy provides the most current information.
- Logically organized by physiologic sign to help busy practitioners prioritize interventions
- Helpful equipment lists are provided at the beginning of most chapters.
- Technician Tips highlight specific procedures using diagrams, photos, and detailed instructions.
By Andrea Battaglia, LVT, Hospital Operations Director, Veterinary Specialty Center, Animal Emergency Center of CNY, Spencer, NY